Reducing carbohydrates in our diet will not only allow us to lose weight more easily, but also avoid multiple health problems. It’s not about eliminating them, but choosing the right ones. Are you one of the people who are always thinking of new ideas to download sizes? Do you focus only on the amount of fat you eat without considering anything else? In that case, you should continue reading, because we will tell you about the importance of reducing carbohydrates to have the figure you want.
You may be surprised to discover that many of your problems will be solved by just reducing carbohydrates. The most important thing is that you understand that you should not eliminate carbohydrates completely, but choose the healthiest ones.
1. Low-Carbohydrate Diets Fight Severe Obesity
If you are a person with an excessive overweight, you should know that reducing carbohydrates can make you lose about 5 kilos in 6 months. This amount may seem very low to some people. However, severe obesity is a difficult problem to fight and getting out of that standard can considerably reduce your medical problems such as:
- Metabolic syndrome
It has been proven that people who are severely obese and follow the low carb diet achieve:
- Reduce triglycerides.
- Improve insulin resistance.
- Keep insulin levels stable.
In what has to do with weight loss, when making the comparison between those who follow a diet low in fat and a low in carbohydrates, the results were:
- Those who followed the low-fat diet only dropped between 1.9 and 4.2 kilos in 6 months.
- Those who received the low carb diet lost between 5.8 and 8.6 kilos in 6 months.
2. Diets that are Based on Reducing Carbohydrates Help Overweight Adolescents
We know that it is important to maintain a healthy weight at all times. However, children and adolescents should have more intense control to avoid presenting health problems at an early age. In a study carried out in 2000, it was found that a diet that aims to reduce carbohydrates reduces weight and risks of cardiovascular problems in obese adolescents. This was done for 12 weeks and the results were surprising: on average, the participants lost about 9 kilos of weight. It is important to remember that, in adolescents, achieving these changes is very important in what has to do with their emotional health.
“When you achieve a healthy weight, you also increase your self-esteem and self-confidence”.
Something that should be taken into account is that this diet must be accompanied by an education on food to form good habits and correct those who are not helping.
3. A Low Carb Diet Also Improves Mood
Have you noticed that all the time you’re in bad shape? Maybe you get depressed easily and you do not know why? In this case, you should know that a study found that low-carbohydrate diets help:
- Control the appetite.
- Fight insomnia.
- Reduce fatigue
- Reduce stomach problems
In this sense, it is important to remember that everything we eat has a certain influence on the chemistry of the brain. In the same way that chocolate helps you to be happier, processed carbohydrates give you constant problems. Another study also found that reducing negative carbohydrates in your diet will improve your mental agility. That is, your capacity for thought and reaction will be much more efficient.
Some recommendations when choosing the carbohydrates that you will eat
- The first thing to remember is that neccesities include carbohydrates in your diet. A common mistake is to think that you must eliminate them completely to lose weight.
However, a healthy diet requires a moderate amount of carbohydrates to obtain energy. If you do not get them, in a short time you will feel exhausted with the simplest activities.
- It is important that you combine carbohydrates with good quality fiber. The best options are whole grains, vegetables and fruits. On average, you should consume about 18 grams of fiber to help your body process carbohydrates.
- Ask your nutritionist to teach you how to make a carbohydrate count and to tell you the correct amount for you. Making this measurement is very simple, but you need some initial training.
Now you know: watching the carbohydrates you eat is more important than avoiding fats in your diet.
carbohydrates foods, low carb diet, high carb foods, how many carbs should i eat a day to lose weight, why do i gain weight when i eat carbs, sources of carbohydrates, do carbs make you fat, how many carbs should i eat a day calculator, zulurunner.com, zulurunner
#carbohydratesfoods #lowcarbdiet #highcarbfoods #howmanycarbsshouldieatadaytoloseweight #whydoigainweightwhenieatcarbs #sourcesofcarbohydrates #docarbsmakeyoufat #howmanycarbsshouldieatadaycalculator #zulurunnercom #zulurunner